Here’s my best guess at my GDC 2013 schedule; I’m sure I’ll end up at some talks not on the list (am I really going to skip the microtalks this year?), but it’s a start. In general, I’m pretty free for lunches and dinners, so get in touch or grab me at the conference if you want to get together.
- 11:00am: Ideas per Second: How Double Fine Optimizes for Human Performance, Nathan Martz
- Lunch: Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Ferelden, Heidi McDonald (poster)
- 2:00pm: Empowering the Player in a Story-Rich World: Co-Directing Dishonored, Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio
- 3:30pm: #1ReasonToBe, Brenda Romero, Robin Hunicke, Elizabeth Sampat, Mattie Brice, Leigh Alexander, and Kim McAuliffe
- 5:00pm: Strange Love: Game Theory vs. Game Design, Frank Lantz
- 10:00am: Our Games, Our People, Our Community: What Do We Owe Each Other?, Dustin Clingman
- 11:30am: Saving Doug: Empathy, Character, and Choice in The Walking Dead, Jake Rodkin and Sean Vanaman
- 2:30pm: Sex in Video Games, David Gaider
- 4:00pm: Designing Journey, Jenova Chen
- 5:30pm (30 minutes): Why Virtual Reality Is Hard (And Where It Might Be Going), Michael Abrash
- 10:00am: Turning Comedy of Manners into Gameplay: Versu Postmortem, Emily Short
- 11:30am: Mad as Hell: Hothead Developers Rant Back, Anna Anthropy, Naomi Clark, Jason Della Rocca, Mitu Khandaker, Anna Marsh, Margaret Robertson, Kellee Santiago, Karen Sideman, Eric Zimmerman
- 2:30pm: Rethinking How We Build Games and Why: The Papo & Yo Story, Vander Caballero
- And then stop by the second half of the Experimental Gameplay Workshop
This post has not been revised since publication.