For all you stalkers out there, here’s my best guess at my GDC 2011 schedule. And clearly I should bring snacks, it’s not at all clear that I’ll be able to eat lunch on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday… Please say hi if you’re there and run into me!
- 10:00am: “Creating Your Building Blocks: Modular Component AI Systems”, by Brett Laming, Joel McGinnis, and Alex Champandard.
- 11:15am (half hour): “Ethics for Developers”, by Miguel Sicart.
- 11:45am (half hour): “Game Design by Accidents”, by Steph Thirion.
- 1:45pm: “Click Zen: Zynga’s Evolution from FarmVille to CityVille“, by Mark Skaggs.
- 3:00pm: “Leave Enough Room: Design that Supports Player Expression”, by Randy Smith.
- 4:15pm: “From AAA to Indie: Three Start-Up Stories”, by Jake Kazdal, Daniel Cook, and Ichiro Lambe.
- 10:00am: “City of Wonder: Postmortem”, by Troy Whitlock and Scott Jon Siegel.
- 11:15am: “Humanities Unlocked: The Value of Liberal Arts for Your Game Design Program”, by Mia Consalvo.
- 1:45pm: “We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Badges: How to Re-invent Reality Without Gamification”, by Jane McGonigal.
- 3:00pm: “Intuition vs Metrics: How Social Game Design Has Evolved”, by Laralyn McWilliams and Brenda Brathwaite.
- 4:15pm: “Rapid-Fire Indies”, by ten speakers.
- 9:00am: “Video Games Turn 25: A Historical Perspective and Vision for the Future”, by Satoru Iwata.
- 10:30am: “Dynamics: The State of the Art”, by Clint Hocking.
- 12:00pm: “GDC Microtalks 2011”, by ten speakers.
- 1:30pm: “Prototype Through Production: Pro Guitar in Rock Band 3“, by Jason Booth and Sylvain Dubrofsky.
- 3:00pm: “Seven Ways a Video Game Can Be Moral”, by Richard Rouse III.
- 4:30pm: “Designing Limbo‘s Puzzles”, by Jeppe Carlsen.
- 9:00am: “Classic Game Postmortem – Out of This World/Another World“, by Eric Chahi.
- 10:30am: “Biofeedback in Gameplay: How Valve Measures Physiology to Enhance Gaming Experience”, by Mike Ambinder.
- 12:00pm: “No Freaking Respect! Social Game Developers Rant Back”, by nine speakers.
- 1:30pm (two hours): “Experimental Gameplay Sessions”, by fourteen speakers.
- 4:30pm: “One Falls for Each of Us: The Prototyping of Tragedy”, by Brenda Brathwaite.
- 6:00pm: The game bloggers’ dinner.
- 9:30am: “The Game Design of Starcraft II: Designing an E-Sport”, by Dustin Browder.
- 11:00am: “HTML5: The New UI Library for Games”, by Chad Austin.
- 12:30pm: “The Game Design Challenge 2011: Bigger than Jesus”, by John Romero, Jason Rohrer, Eric Zimmerman, and Jenova Chen.
- 2:00pm: “An Apology for Roger Ebert”, by Brian Moriarty.
- 3:30pm: “Message Queuing on a Large Scale: IMVU’s Stateful Event Architecture”, by Jon Watte.
- February 26, 2011 @ 16:53:27 [Current Revision] by David Carlton
- February 26, 2011 @ 16:47:49 by David Carlton