I got a look at my school district’s new report card. Most of the items are now grouped under the heading “Lifelong Learning Skills”; specifically, the group contains the following entries:
- Listens in class
- Follows directions
- Works independently
- Works neatly
- Completes work on time
- Accept [sic] responsibility
- Respects classmates
- Respects authority
- Uses time wisely
- Communicates effectively
- Works collaboratively
A quiz for my gentle readers (or, even better, my snarky readers): which of these items
- Support life-long learning?
- Actively work against life-long learning?
- Are neutral towards life-long learning?
- Could be interpreted in ways that either support or hinder life-long learning, but guess which way teachers are going to interpret them?
There are no revisions for this post.